When Unsafe Workplace Conditions Lead To Accidents
If you have been injured in an accident in the workplace, you are entitled to claim workers’ compensation benefits. If your accident was caused by a safety violation you may be able to obtain compensation over and above that provided by the workers’ compensation system.
At Bentoff & Duber, we have extensive experience in cases involving accidents caused by safety violations in the workplace. We have helped thousands of injured workers obtain compensation and work to maximize the compensation our clients receive from all sources.
Was Your Workplace Accident Caused By A Safety Violation?
The Ohio Bureau of Workers’ Compensation Division of Safety and Hygiene has established specific safety requirements for employers to ensure the safety of their workers. If any of these requirements are violated, the injured worker may be entitled to an additional monetary award.
Some examples of safety violations include:
- Removal or absence of a safety guard
- Failure to provide personal protective equipment such as safety helmets, eye and/or ear protection, foot protection or respiratory protection
- Lack of a guard railing, toe boards or other fall protection for scaffolding, roofs or floor openings
- Failure to use lockout / tag-out procedures
- Providing faulty equipment
Free Consultation: Contact Us Today
Bentoff & Duber has been helping injured workers in the Cleveland area obtain workers’ compensation benefits since 1965. We understand the many legal and medical aspects of workplace accidents and how to navigate the legal system in order to help our clients obtain the compensation and medical care they deserve.