More Than A
Michael J. Duber
Michael Duber brings excellence to Bentoff & Duber in fields of workers' compensation and social security disability law. In his nearly 40 years of experience in litigating workers' compensation matters, which Michael would consider his forte, he has extensively explored every avenue of this legal field.
Since Michael took control of the firm in 1990, it has tripled in size, with its client base growing at even greater levels. Even with the extensive growth, Michael's focus remains on giving personal attention to his injured and disabled clients who come to him for help.
Michael's respect in the field of workers' compensation law is evident as he has served as the President of the Workers' Compensation Section of the Cleveland Bar Association (now known as the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association) and is a former professor at the Ohio Paralegal Institute where he taught administrative law. He has also served on both the Workers' Compensation and Grievance committees of the Cuyahoga County Bar Association, upholding the standards of lawyers in our community.
Michael was awarded the Ohio Super Lawyers acclaim in 2015 and 2016 consecutively and was included in the fourth edition of Marquis Who's Who in American Law. He also served as Special Counsel to the Office of the Attorney General, State of Ohio.
Active in other legal professional groups, Michael is a member of the Ohio State Bar Association where he serves on the Workers' Compensation Section committee. He is also a member of the Ohio Association for Justice, Cleveland Association of Compensation Attorneys, American Civil Liberties Union and National Organization of Social Security Claimant's Representatives (NOSSCR).
Michael received his Bachelor of Science degree from The Ohio State University in 1970 and his Juris Doctor from The University of Cincinnati College of Law in 1973 where he published numerous articles for the school paper on workers' compensation issues. He is admitted to practice law in Ohio and Colorado state courts and the United States District Court.
Michael's accomplishments extend outside of work, where he has served as Chairman of the Orange Community Schools and Recreation Commission and was instrumental in passing one of the most successful recreation levies in Orange School District history. He was also President of the Orange Community Athletic Association where he led the development of a newly created program for special needs athletes allowing them to participate in numerous sporting activities.
In his free time Michael is an avid outdoorsman. He loves to fly fish and when not representing the injured and disabled, you can find him in the rivers and streams in Ohio, Montana and Colorado looking for steelhead and trout while in the winter his attention turns to snow skiing.
- Ohio State University
- Columbus, Ohio
- B.S. – 1970
- University of Cincinnati College of Law
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- J.D. – 1973
- Ohio, 1973
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Ohio, 1974
- Colorado, 2008
Classes & Seminars
- Professionalism in Workers' Compensation, Akron Bar Association
- Former Instructor, Administrative Law, Ohio Paralegal Institute
- Former Chairman, Orange Community Schools and Recreation Commission
- Former President, Orange Community Athletic Association
Fraternities or Sororities
- Tau Epsilon Phi
- Ohio State Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Former Chairman Workers' Compensation Section, Former Member of Certified Grievance Committee
- Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association, Workers' Compensation Section (formerly Known as Cleveland Bar Association), Former President
- Ohio Association for Justice
- National Association of Social Security Claimant's Representatives
- Cleveland Academy of Trial Attorneys
- American Civil Liberties Union