What To Do After A Car Accident
Motor vehicle accidents occur every day, but some can be devastating both physically and financially. Personal injury or property damage sustained in a car accident, pedestrian collision or as the result of a drunk driver deserve proper compensation.
At Bentoff & Duber Co., L.P.A., our experience includes personal injury cases of all levels of complexity, and we never stop fighting the insurance companies until you receive restitution you deserve.
Your Advocates After An Ohio Motor Vehicle Accident
Our firm represents those injured, and their families, when they have suffered injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents, including:
- Car accidents: From rear-end crashes to hit-and-runs, distracted driver accidents to head-on collisions, our firm confidently handles a wide range of car accidents that occur on our local roads and highways.
- Truck accidents: Speeding truck drivers, drowsy drivers, unsecured cargo and improper truck maintenance are just some of the common causes of truck accidents involving tractor-trailers and 18-wheelers.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists are not protected by their vehicles as other motorists are, and often suffer very serious injuries due to this fact, particularly if they are involved in a collision with a car or truck.
- Pedestrian accidents: Though drivers are always supposed to be observant and yield to pedestrians, motorists still do not follow the rules of the road, often colliding with pedestrians who are walking, running or riding a bicycle.
- Drunk driver accidents: Drunk drivers need to be held responsible for the injuries and losses they have caused when their overindulgence and insistence on getting behind the wheel results in a crash.
- Uninsured/underinsured motorist: When you are involved in an accident with a driver who is uninsured or whose insurance does not cover the damages they caused, we can help you seek compensation from your own insurance company under uninsured/underinsured (UM/UIM) coverage that may be included in your policy.
After an accident, don’t delay. Act quickly to help ensure that evidence is preserved, and your rights are protected.
What Steps To Take After An Auto Accident
There are a few steps that are advisable to help protect you, and set your case up for success:
- Move to safety
- Call 911
- Seek medical attention – even if you don’t think you’re seriously injured
- Take photos of the accident scene – the more, the better!
- Get contact information from the other driver and any accident eyewitnesses
- Talk to one of our personal injury lawyers as soon as possible