It’s officially holiday season and in Northeast Ohio, that means many of us will be driving in conditions including rain, ice, sleet and snow to visit family and friends for the holidays. At Bentoff & Duber, we wish you safe travels and happy holidays, and we hope you remember these safe driving tips that can help prevent traffic accidents and car crashes.
- Before you set out for your holiday gatherings, make sure you’re taking a vehicle that is in top shape for winter travel.
- Think snow tires, plenty of gas and even consider storing salt and a snow shovel in the trunk
- Be sure everyone in the car is wearing a seat belt
- Eliminate distractions
- This includes distracting phone calls, texts and loud music
- Slow down and stay alert, especially in bad weather and heavy traffic
- Have a designated driver or call a cab if there is alcohol served at the holiday parties you attend
- Never take a chance when it comes to drinking and driving
- Try to stay off the road between midnight and 3 a.m., when drunk driving accidents are most likely to occur
- This is according to research by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration
Even after following all of the above tips, if the worst does happen and you’re hurt in a car accident, the personal injury lawyers at Bentoff & Duber can help you get the medical care and compensation that is rightfully yours. We have been helping injured people for more than 45 years and we have the experience to succeed, even in the most challenging circumstances.
Get started by calling 216-861-1234 or submit a contact form for your free consultation.
About the author: Brandon Duber, a Partner with Bentoff & Duber Co., LPA, is a lawyer with proven experience in the courtroom and expertise in the areas of workers’ compensation, criminal defense, personal injury and medical malpractice law. He received his B.A. from Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY and his J.D. from The Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, OH.