More Than A
Law Firm

Michael J. Duber and Brandon T. Duber

Can I sue the city for personal injury caused by potholes?

Jul 16, 2015 |

If you live in Cleveland and drive on high-traffic roads frequently, you’re probably familiar with the giant potholes that plague some roads. Maybe you make jokes about them or perhaps you’ve started taking new routes in order to avoid the worst streets. However, potholes can be more dangerous than just shaking up passengers or being rough on tires. Potholes can cause serious car accidents, resulting in personal injury.

So what can you do if you or a loved one has suffered an injury caused by a pothole? Who is to blame? It may sound like a lost cause, but if you can prove the city or political subdivision was aware of the dangerous condition of a public road, you can file a complaint for negligently failing to repair a pothole that led to injury. This is where an experienced attorney can help gather evidence and file a complaint with the right entities.

Many times it can be confusing to determine who is at fault and who should pay damages when accidents occur as the result of hitting or avoiding potholes. Attorneys like the ones at Bentoff & Duber can help you determine who is liable, what insurance claims to file and who is owed compensation for the damage and any injuries.

If you were in an accident caused by an unkempt road, call us for a free consultation at 216-861-1234 or fill out a contact form. We’ll help get you what you’re owed.


About the author: Brandon Duber, a Partner with Bentoff & Duber Co., LPA, is a lawyer with proven experience in the courtroom and expertise in the areas of workers’ compensation, criminal defense, personal injury and medical malpractice law. He received his B.A. from Skidmore College in Saratoga Springs, NY and his J.D. from The Case Western Reserve University School of Law in Cleveland, OH.